Quit supports online and across Ontario.
- Free online or text support to help you quit smoking
- Text iQuit to 123456
- Free, secure, and confidential service Ontarians can contact 24 hours a day, seven days a week for non-urgent health questions and concerns, including quit counselling.
- Dial 811 for free phone support
- Toll-free TTY line: 1-866-797-0007
- Indigenous quit smoking and vaping support
- Live Chat: smokershelpline.ca/talktobacco
- 1-833-998-TALK (8255)
- Text CHANGE to 123456
- An initiative to start a dialog with young adults (ages 18-29) within queer and trans communities about smoking.
Quit coaches, contests, and free NRT available.
STOP on the Net
- 10 weeks of free nicotine replacement, if eligible
Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation Community Program
- 6 weeks of free NRT, if eligible
Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP+)
- Supports for young adults aged 18-24 (who are not covered by a private drug plan).
- Coverage of some prescribed nicotine replacement therapies and a year of pharmacist-assisted counselling.
Ontario Disability Supplement Program & Ontario Works
- People over the age of 24 who are on Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program are eligible for support similar to OHIP+ (above) for young adults.
Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB)
- Call 1-866-811-9893 to access prescription cessation medications at no cost when you qualify for the Ontario Drug Benefit Program.
Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Coverage for First Nation and Inuit People
- NIHB clients are now eligible to receive up to three courses of smoking cessation therapies in a 12-month period.
- Free, expert advice from a certified respiratory educator on lung health concerns including smoking cessation.
- A free app to help young people quit smoking or vaping.
- Available as an app on the App Store and on Google Play.